Lut Desert Tour (Expedition)
Over Night: 10 day
Price: 1420 EUR
An Extraordinary Expedition Through The Hottest Place on Earth
Join Lut desert tour and experience a unique Safari in the Lut desert (a World Heritage Site), the hottest place on earth.
The Lut Desert, or Dasht-e-Lut, is located in the southeast of Iran. Between June and October, this arid subtropical area is swept by strong winds, which transport sediment and cause aeolian erosion on a colossal scale. Consequently, the site presents some of the most spectacular examples of aeolian yardang landforms (massive corrugated ridges). It also contains extensive stony deserts and dunes. The property represents an exceptional example of ongoing geological processes.
Escape the city and spend a night, like no other, under the stars in the tranquil Lut Desert. Lut desert tour will take you to various sand dunes of Lut, breathtaking Kalut formations and destinations like Shahdad, Mahan, Yalan area, Kerman and amazing Yazd. Led by a professional guide and a driver, you’ll enjoy your epic desert adventure at Lut desert.
- » Fly to Kerman for expedition attendants from other countries
- » Visit the Zabanemar canyon and camp in the central Lut desert
- » Visit star-shaped sand dunes in the central Lut desert
- » Visit Yalan sand dunes and experience one of the most incredible desert ecosystems in Iran
- » Enjoy the safari and sand skiing in dunes during Lut desert tour
- » Hike and sandboard in the central desert of Iran (the Lut)
- » Visit famous castles and caravansaries in Shahdad and Mahan
- » Visit Yazd or Nain, or the eco-lodges in Garmeh at the end of Lut desert tour
DAY 1 : TEHRAN TO KERMAN
Leave Tehran behind, we will go to Kerman taking an Iran Air flight. Overnight, we will stay either in Kerman or Mahan. At night, we will meet the Expedition Team and will listen to the briefing for the upcoming tour.
DAY 2 : TEHRAN-FLY TO KERMAN
Leaving Mahan/Kerman behind, we will head for Shahdad and Nehbandan at 9.00 am. Leaving the main road and entering the dirt road, we will drive for 10 km. During this time, from Mahan to this point( 10km in the dirt road), no pit stop is allowed. We will have lunch in the desert and visit Zabane Mar Canyon. At night, we will camp in a safe and suitable area.
DAY 3 : HIKING AND HEADING FOR THE STAR SHAPED SAND DUNES
Waking up at 7:30, we will have breakfast and start hiking for almost 2 hours, heading for the star-shaped sand dunes. We will have a safari on the star-shaped sand dunes and will have lunch by them. We will camp in a safe and nice place in the evening.
DAY 4 : SANDBOARDING IN THE HUGE DUNES
Waking up at 8.00, we will first have breakfast. Passing the Lut desert plain, we will head for Yalan sand dunes. After having lunch, we will set up our camps up the base camp and will go hiking and sandboarding in the dunes.
DAY 5 : SAFARI AND SAND SKIING
We will go on a safari and sand skiing. In the evening, we will return to the base camp.
DAY 6 : HIKING AND SANDBOARDING
Today also, we will go hiking and sandboarding. And, we will return to the base camp in the evening.
DAY 7 : VISITING THE " LUT'S EYE "
This morning, we will pack up and leave the Lut desert after visiting the “Lut’s Eye”. We will drive to Shahdad and Kerman.
DAY 8 : ONE NIGHT AT SHAHDAD DESERT CAMP
Today, we will visit the Kaluts in Shahdad. In the evening, we will camp in a nice and safe place.
DAY 9 : LEAVING KERMAN FOR YAZD
Today, you are free until noon. Then, we will leave Kerman for Yazd, Naeen, or eco-lodges in Garmeh (during the morning, cars should be serviced, checked, and prepared for the rest of the trip).
DAY 10 : DRIVING TOWARD TEHRAN
We will drive toward Tehran. Overnight, we will stay in a hotel in Tehran.
- » A domestic flight from Tehran to Kerman
- » All nights accommodation in standard grade hotels, camps, and local houses
- » Land travel by 4×4 vehicles
- » Services of an Iranian tour guide throughout the Lut desert tour
- » Meals: full board
- » All entrance fees to the sites mentioned on the itinerary of our Lut desert tour
- » International airfares, taxes, and surcharges
- » Travel insurance
- » Items of a personal nature such as laundry or phone calls
- » Visa process fee
- » Visa costs
- » Tips to local guides and drivers
- » An arrival transfer is not included on this trip. You’re welcome to send a request for transfer services.
- » This trip starts on day 1
- » The maximum check-in baggage allowance is 17 kg per person plus hand luggage.